Friday, June 18, 2010

3. Love of writing

You know you're getting somewhere when you start getting really excited to the point where you can't pay attention to anything else but the screen. Well it's happened, I found myself just about squealing because some great ideas popped into my head and I was so physicked. Feeling that satisfaction of knowing you're really getting somewhere oh it's just great! I am as of yesterday on my 11th chapter! Pretty exciting i know! Today I'm went back to the beginning of my book and wow I have come a long way from then. I decided to add, take out, and replace some things I had written before, you know, improving it to the best of my abilities! It's going pretty darn well!
So I started a group on a book website,  Shelfari. And yes I know, 'How obsessed can a person be with books?" well pretty darn obsessed. Ha ha well anyways what I was saying was one of the discussions I put up was 'Why do you like to write?' and i wanted to share something a friend of mine on there, Kerdie, put. The reason I want to share it with you because her explanation is the same exact way I feel as I'm sure many others. Anyways her answer was 'I love writing because it gives me freedom....from everyday life, school, work you name it....I feel attached to something kind of bigger than myself you might say. I think writing opens doors that nothing else can. It gives you a look into a world that is unavailable to you except through writing!' a very stand up answer in my opinion, I couldn't have said it any better myself!
Anyways the writing of my book is going really well for me, I'm getting farther and farther. It's amazing to see something I personally made on my own grow in front of me, it's like my own little baby. And I plan to make this prize possession of mine be huge, something you will find yourself raving about late at night just dying to know what is going to happen next! Please continue to follow me and PLEASE tell others about my blog! Like always feel free to comment, thanks! Until next time, bless you.

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see others so enthusiastic about writing. I'm a writer as well and I write almost every day. I usually follow my muse and that has ended up with me working on 6 novels... One of them I have a deadline with Little Brown Book Company (the same people that publish Twilight) in October. Which I should be working on right now actually. When you have writers block the best thing to do is surround yourself with things that inspire that story. For one story I have a special notebook I write in that gives me inspiration. For another, a music play list etc. Don't get frustrated if you have to write your novel over and over. I know great authors who have had to write their novel over 13 times! If you need any help or have any questions just let me know and I will help the best I can.

    ReplyDelete